Monday, May 2, 2011

Marriage and Family

Many people have a variety of opinions when it comes to marriage and family. For me personally I definitely will be like most people where I will practice a monogamous relationship with my wife. I believe that family is the direct level of social unity among the people associated within it, where we are able to learn and share ideas of love, belief, and experience. I do not believe that one individual should run the house, or “wear the pants”, I believe that when you are married it is a partnership that has to be looked at in equal amounts of power and work. I feel that my job will be more of a priority in my relationship with my wife and for the family just because it is very inflexible as far as moving and the financial burdens that would be involved in the process. I am not saying my wife can’t have an education or a job for that matter I just feel like when it comes to raising kids and taking time off, with the amount of money I have invested into my education to get the benefits of a higher salary, that my wife will be the one to take on that role. If for some reason my wife is making more than me, than I would greatly accept that role in the family, because I feel that the work done at home that isn’t compensated with money is equally important as the work that is compensated. My mother was a stay at home mom and my dad was a doctor, seeing both of them do their daily routines I would say it is very close in displeasure and stress. My mom watched three obnoxious little boys and took care of the house work, while my dad took the responsibility of running his own practice. Being able to be apart of both of these schedules has made me appreciate each side more and understand the sacrifices that need to be made in a relationship even better.

1 comment:

  1. It is good that you understand both sides of the relationship. I agree with you on your views on marriage. I also agree with you that the partners need to work together. I hate the quote "wear the pants". With all the changes we are seeing with women rights I would think that the younger generations as well as our generation sees relationships in a different way. My partner and I share responsibilities and help each other out which works for us. It is great that you understand what you want and that you are willing to stay at home if that is what will work for your family!

    ReplyDelete