Monday, May 2, 2011

Women and Abortion

Abortion is one of the most controversial issues today. Many think that abortion should not be legal because it is “taking a life” and no one person has the right to decide if a child should live or die. I was raised my whole life with people constantly preaching this idea to me, I myself would not want my girlfriend or wife to get an abortion if she unexpectedly became pregnant but I do realize many situations are greatly different. Situations involving rape for one I feel that such a horrific act, rightly allows for a woman to have a choice. In our more modern society women should have the choice of what they want to do when a pregnancy occurs. Women have the right to determine what happens to them and their body. Abortion plays a role when the mother would end up without the father, and if she is financially unstable. There are countless reasons a woman would choose to have an abortion which to her these reasons are significant. Women like to look at the bigger picture especially if the pregnancy can cause them harm or if the child will have birth defects or developmental issues later in life. Parents can also play a role if a woman decides to have an abortion. If the woman is too young, the family has certain religious standards or she is unmarried. Parents could put stress upon the mother and lead her to the decision to terminate based on the negative consequences they have laid upon her. I feel whatever degree the situation is, as a whole women deserve to have that right to choose what they want to do with their body, however me individually I feel as if I would encourage the person I got pregnant to have the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment